One of the most popular character among children!!!
New from the creator of Captain Underpants, it's Dog Man crime-biting canine who is part dog, part man, and all hero! When Greg the police dog and his cop companion are injured on the job, a life-saving surgery changes the course of history, and Dog Man is born. With the head of a dog and the body of a human, this heroic hound has a real nose for justice. But can he resist the call of the wild to answer the call of duty?
There's a new breed of justice in town, and he's ready to sniff out criminals—as soon as he stops chasing his own tail!
Know the author, Dav Pilkey :
- I think my funny books are my favorites because I like to laugh so much.
- My freshman English professor at Kent State University in 1984 told me I was a good writer, and she loved all the silly pictures I drew in my notebook. She said I should try writing children's books, and so I did.
- These 'mistakes' occur in my books for a reason. I have an agenda: I'm secretly trying to inspire kids to create their own stories and comics, and I don't want them to feel stifled by 'perfectionism.'
- Most kids are smarter than most grown-ups. Kids see the world in black and white... They look through all the garbage and see a world run by fools and dullards and lazy people. And there's nothing they can do about it because they have no power.
- My books are just pure escapism for kids.
- A book without potty humor is like a banana split without hot fudge. It can still be good, I suppose, but you kinda get the feeling that something is missing.
- Once I have the story in my head, I write it down. The illustrations usually come last.
- It used to take me forever to read and comprehend stuff, so I decided not to make the 'Captain Underpants' books too challenging. Don't get me wrong - the humor and ideas are often sophisticated - but the books aren't hard to read. I wanted kids who hate reading to find these books irresistible.
Available at : www.espabooks.com